Legal Counsel (Regional)
Headquartered in Singapore, ASPIRE is a technology organization that serves small businesses with convenient & inclusive financial services across Southeast Asia. An Aspire Account is opened online with a few easy steps and gives customers access to a large variety of financial services including debit, credit and card products
We built Aspire from the ground with one thing in mind - serve small business owners with speed and simplicity. No long waits, paperwork, or hidden fees like other financial institutions - so business owners could concentrate on growing their businesses.
Aspire is backed by Y-Combinator - #1 startup incubator in the world - and has raised from some of the world’s best VCs.
About the role:
At Aspire, we pride ourselves on building an amazing team. Reporting to Chief Executive Officer, this position will primarily support Aspire’s business operations team throughout the APAC region. We are looking for one AAA candidate that is able to handle great responsibility in driving the legal strategy for the venture. The role could evolve over time and take additional responsibilities in other countries or rotate in other departments to obtain a full understanding of a fast-growing internet startup.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate with the businesses in defining the strategy of the venture based sound legal rationale; and to ensure compliance with existing and new regulations, including advising on the implementation of the relevant processes and controls to mitigate compliance and regulatory risk
- Provide regulatory compliance guidance for different markets in South East Asia.
- Development of compliance policies and procedures and for compliance-related risk assessment and control evaluations
- Negotiation/ drafting/ reviewing and advising on legal aspects regarding the onboarding of counterparties, borrowers & investors
- Assist in drafting agreements
- Draft internal legal memos regarding upcoming regulatory landscape
- Handle a variety of general corporate legal matters for the Group
What will you need?
- Experience working within Fintech/ banking and finance
- Ability to prioritize effectively and to work under pressure without compromising quality
- Knowledge and understanding of Capital Markets products, regulatory and compliance matters
- Autonomous; pro-active; flexible; hands-on; independent self-starter; team-driven and able to work within deadlines
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical and communication skills
- Extremely well-organized and have excellent attention to detail
- Have an interest in helping our small business borrowers grow their businesses
What's on Offer?
- Regional Role
- A role that offers a breadth of learning opportunities
- Opportunity to make a positive impact
- Work alongside & learn from best in class talent
Snaphunt Pte Ltd