Legal Counsel (M&A)
- Responsible for handling a wide breadth of company and commercial legal matters in Asia Pacific
- Providing legal advice and support to a cluster of international school and the organization managing them.
- Assist with the due diligence process and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations in each of the countries where the organization has an interest.
- Provide legal advice and support to legal issues for to a cluster of international school and the organization managing them.
- Manage legal process, litigations and business transactions.
- Analyse and identify legal risks and implications.
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer legal and transactional documentations, including contracts, leases and agreements.
- Act as a legal consultant in any legal matters, mediations, arbitrations and hearings.
- Liaise with external legal counsel and specialists.
- Participate in due diligence reviews and discussions.
- Work with and have a sound working knowledge of laws and regulations in relation to company, commercial, tax, property, and employment.
- Responsible for the provision of accurate and timely status and reports on new laws and regulations that may have implications to the cluster of international school or the organization managing them
- Oversee the development and implementation of the compliance strategy and regulations for the Schools or Organization relating to Accreditation, Safeguarding, Health & Safety and Data Protection. This includes development and implementation of Compliance policies, procedures and manual and conducting regular audits.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders such as industry, regulatory and accreditation bodies and third parties in ensuring compliance with regulations and policies at all levels.
- Provide timely and accurate advice and guidance to management, together with the administration of compliance processes and procedures.
- Establish and author baseline policies, processes and procedure to ensure the Schools and Organization are operating in a compliant manner; develop and implement policies, establish functional objectives; measure and audit performance to ensure compliance.
- Design, document and implement improvements in communication, monitoring and enforcement of compliance standards and policies.
- Conduct gap assessments as required to identify areas of compliance that need to be addressed.
- Assess operational risks and develop risk management framework.
- Actively monitor and test to ensure compliance obligations are being met and internal policies are followed.
- Identify compliance issue that require follow up and lead/direct investigations.
- Provide training in business wide compliance policies and procedures, laws and regulations.
- Oversee internal reporting systems and provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirement and development.
- Ensure business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies, and serve as liaison for local and foreign regulators, legal bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Maintain industry awareness and act as the subject matter expert on compliance - Monitor industry and regulatory changes to identify new compliance requirements and evaluate trends, periodically review and update policies and procedures to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Build and maintain relationship with industry bodies and accreditation and regulatory bodies.
- Bring new schools acquired through M&A into compliance with the organization’s standards.
- Qualified lawyer with 4 to 5 years PQE gained in private practice and in-house.
- Extensive experience in Merger & Acquisition required.
- Extensive knowledge of company and commercial law in Asian countries.
- Required to travel within Asia Pacific Region (Low to Intermediate Frequency)
If you meet the above criteria and are seeking new challenges in your career, do send your detailed resume (Indicating your Availability Period, Last Drawn & Expected Salary) in MS Word format to
Your resume will be treated with strictest confidence.
EA Licence No.95C5411 >> EAP No. R1878833
PrimeStaff Management Services Pte Ltd