Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 12-Jun-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Handling disputes and managing litigation involving the company with a focus on the collections and claims portfolio of the Companyâ€™s casino operations. This will involve providing strategic advice and ensuring the proper running of litigation proceedings.
- Advising and assisting the business units in projects and initiativesÂ focused on casino credit and collection activities that achieve key commercial and/or regulatory objectives
- Managing the portfolio of claims pursued by the Company with a primary focus on debt recovery and collection matters, including advising senior management on strategic and commercial risks associated with various disputes.
- Managing litigation which the Company in involved in, both as claimant and defendant, including advising on litigation strategy, negotiating dispute resolutions and pursuing enforcement actions;
- Advising on issues of legal liability and regulatory compliance within MBS casino credit and collections operations, including being involved in the planning and execution of key projects, initiatives and process change implementation, as well as reviewing and drafting internal policies and patron-facing documentation;
- Liaising with the Casino Regulatory Authority on matters of regulatory compliance in respect of MBS casino credit and collections operations.
- Reviewing, negotiating, drafting of contracts with service providers and vendors within the scope of business units directly supported including Collections, Credit, Compliance, Finance etc.;
- Providing advice on general legal matters as may be required by the Company
The ideal candidate must have:
- Minimum 5 years of Post-Qualified Experience
- Comprehensive experience in litigation and dispute resolution, including
- Handling and managing domestic and cross-border/regional dispute resolution and litigation;
- Familiarity with enforcement of foreign judgments in Singapore and in foreign jurisdictions.
- Commercial sense and the awareness/ability to evaluate legal matters in the context of business risk
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively within a multi-national environment
- Ability to manage a varied portfolio of work, multitask and work under pressure.