Legal Counsel (Fintech Firm)
- Drive the legal strategy across APAC for a fintech startup that is supported by global investors
- Opportunity to learn and grow with the firm and expand your skill sets across multiple regions
Our client is a Fintech startup backed by a top global incubator. Headquartered in Singapore with operations across South East Asia, they provide small and medium businesses convenient financial services including debit and credit card products, digital banking and cash management systems.
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for supporting operations team throughout the APAC region.
You will be responsible for:
- Development of compliance policies and procedures and for compliance-related risk assessment and control evaluations
- Negotiating, drafting, reviewing and advising on legal aspects regarding the on-boarding of counter-parties, borrowers & investors
- Collaborating with businesses in defining the strategy based on sound legal rationale, ensuring compliance with existing and new regulations, including advising on the implementation of the relevant processes and controls to mitigate compliance and regulatory risk
- Provide regulatory compliance guidance for different markets across South East Asia.
- Draft internal legal memos regarding upcoming regulatory landscape and assist in drafting agreements
- Handle a variety of general corporate legal matters for the Group
- You possess a degree in law and have experience working within Fintech, banking or finance
- You have the ability to prfioritize effectively and are capable of working under pressure without compromising quality
- You have excellent knowledge and understanding of Capital Markets products, regulatory and compliance matters
- You are a self- starter and can work independently as well as in a team and are able to work within deadlines
- You are detail oriented and organised
- You possess excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical and communication skills
Snaphunt Pte Ltd