Learning Support Instructional Assistant, Junior School (Dover) (Part-time)
Under the guidance of the Learning Support Coordinator and the Learning Support Teacher, the Instructional Support Assistant will have to deliver specialized, targeted support and instruction within the classroom environment and other settings to their allocated students.
- Monitoring and recording a student's progress or behavior in an effort to better meet a student's needs and goals
- Support the creation of environment and instructional opportunities that meet the needs of diverse learners (for e.g. social, emotional)
- Assist in planning, preparation and care of specialist teaching materials and resources
- Working with students one on one or in small group settings and supervising activities assigned
- Regularly observe students and take anecdotal notes to inform planning in the arrangement of small groups, classroom set up, integrations of students’ interests in learning activities
Qualifications and skills
- Excellent English (written and spoken) communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum diploma qualification in relevant fields of study (e.g. Teaching, Learning Support, Special education needs etc)
- Able to work cohesively in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Must be passionate, reliable and flexible
- 3-5 years experience in teaching and working with special needs students
- A growth-mindset (i.e. dedication in keeping oneself up-to date in their field of knowledge) is essential
Interested applicants to submit application via our portal latest by Wednesday, 4th July 2018.
College Website : [Click Here to Email Your Resume]|7f43b247e9c446c32b8e08d5d58373f5|7cc1677566a34e8b80fd5b1f1db15061|0&sdata=kX3CvfIcqrTYC37TTpce9jAnXVl/K6514bOeLgcVI4o=&reserved=0">https://webapps.uwcsea.edu.sg/uwcms/pub/login.aspx
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
United World College of South East Asia
UWC South East Asia is member of the UWC movement and a K-12 international school in Singapore. The school provides a challenging, holistic education to more than 5,500 students based across two campuses. Founded in 1971, UWCSEA is a not-for-profit school and is widely regarded as one of the leading international schools in the world.