Learning Designer (2-year contract for services), LKCSB
This position is for Lee Kong Chian School of Business (LKCSB).
At Singapore Management University, we are leading digital transformation by building our own digitally enabled blended programs. As part of our growing EdTech team, we are looking to staff up on cutting edge learning designers to help us lead through the mission. The primary responsibility of this role will be
- Drive learning design initiative for LKCSB PGP blended programmes (MIM, MAF).
- Work collaboratively with the Edtech team comprising or project manager, video producers, programme delivery manager and platform support staff.
- Scoping new online projects, identifying project objectives, defining learning objectives and establishing target audiences.
- Designing, assessing and improving the student learning experience of online modules and understanding what activities work (and don’t work) in the online space.
- Working with academic staff on their content requirements and identifying appropriate and innovative solutions.
- Providing technical expertise to academic staff, including knowledge of a variety of online platforms and tools that are used both by the Business School and freely available online.
- Writing clear and effective storyboards for the development and delivery team to work from.
- Coordinating the development of module content with the online team.
- Developing learning outcomes and creating content that matches them by applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Creating engaging learning activities and compelling module content, using instructional graphics, web content and media as appropriate.
- Briefing and supporting our academic staff and teaching assistants on the delivery on online modules.
- Suggesting the use of appropriate teaching and learning support and deciding on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments and methods to support this.
- Overseeing the guidance, demonstrations and training provided to academic staff on the use of the virtual learning environment (VLE) in teaching, learning and assessment.
- Working collaboratively with academic staff and other relevant colleagues to oversee the efforts of learning technologists, teaching assistants and contractors and co-ordinating the instructional design effort on projects.
- Directing, overseeing and coordinating the review and evaluation of the effectiveness of the online materials and modules.
- Reviewing and amending module content post-delivery, to ensure consistency and alignment with our learning design approach and templates.
- Conducting instructional evaluation and analysis on learners and contexts.
- Maintaining project documentation and module structures/folders.
- Participating in appropriate university groups and committees concerned with Distance Education/Online Learning.
- Keeping abreast of developments in learning technologies
- Liaising with external agencies, academics, teaching assistants as necessary. Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Bachelor’s qualification (or equivalent/higher qualification).
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Relevant qualification(s)/background in Instructional Design and Technology, Creative Writing, Mass Communication, Interactive Design or related fields.
- Significant experience either teaching (ideally online) or the ability to provide instructional design consulting services to internal and external subject matter experts and prospective partners/clients to design effective learning programmes.
- Expertise relating to pedagogical concepts and lesson/curriculum planning.
- Evidence of prior experience in online and blended learning design.
- Ability to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously and drive these through to completion, including requirements gathering and task management.
- Ability to review and evaluate modules to ensure they are effective.
- Demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for the use of technology in education.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in technology-enhanced learning.
- Experience of utilising technical development tools and applying new learning technologies.
- Knowledge of business studies' subjects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Confident, willing and able to show initiative and take decisions on routine matters.
- Meticulous attention to detail, works to a high level of accuracy.
- Reliable and responsible with excellent time-keeping.
- Ability to influence and lead peers and external partners.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with both staff and students.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong team player.
Singapore Management University