Lead UX Designer
Golden Bridge Drive is an on-line game development company based in Singapore and Taiwan. We are developing an online eco-system (game integration, account management, merchant platform, payment platform, risk control platform, big data analysis platform, cloud service platform and etc.) and providing technology services and solutions to gaming business operators all around the world. The company was founded in 2012 and has been in fast growing pace ever since. The business has been a great success thanks to the strong demands, and we are currently growing the team.
About the role:
As our Lead UX Designer are responsible to build and lead a team of UX Designers that will conceptualizing, prototyping, and validating product and website improvements and features.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to 3-5 year vision of customer experience and product definition for multiple programs Provide leadership and design direction, influencing across teams and giving thoughtful, detailed and actionable design feedback.
- Design useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment.
- Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams that span design, product, engineering, and management.
- Design the UX, visual style, user interface, information architecture, and interaction flows.
- Develop and contribute deep knowledge of the latest user research practices, HCI research, design guidelines, and design heuristics.
- Lead design reviews and present to senior stakeholders and executive-level leadership. Develop and execute a strategic program of research in support of our growing applications business.
- Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
- Chart a course for yourself in ambiguous situations.
- Mentor and assist junior designers and interns.
- Represent the most customer-centric intersection between design, business, content and technology.
- Use diverse inputs to identify and define new concepts and opportunities, and apply new technologies appropriately to address the needs of entrepreneur customers.
- 8+ years of professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer, or similar role.
- A human-centered design process that balances data, customer insights, problem-solving, craftsmanship, and discerning taste.
- Experience leading projects in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary organization, including designers, researchers, product managers and software developers.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and manage ambiguity to influence and deliver results.
- Proven experience with iterative design and development processes at a global scale.
- Effectiveness presenting to and advising senior management; ability to comfortably and confidently present complex concepts to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience, deliverables (eg: study plans, reports, personas), and entrepreneurial innovation across a broad range of methods
- Finely tuned analytical skills. You pinpoint the important information within a sea of data.
- Excellent communications skills. You are accomplished at conveying complex concepts clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences; you have a demonstrated ability to customer insights to executive leadership.
- Hands-on experience with user insights and trends research, iterative prototype evaluation, value proposition assessment, concept testing, lab-based user testing, and field research.
- MS or Ph.D. in Human Factors, HCDE, Cognitive Psychology or similar.
- Previous experience in an incubation environment or on "v1" products or services.
- Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of research.
- Experience with consumer software.
- Exceptional behavioral and attitudinal data-collection and analysis skills, (e.g. gathering, and analyzing all kinds of user data).
- Experience with agile software development and how design research fits within that framework.
- Experience working in a large and fast paced software development environment of enterprise scale.
- A healthy mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
Thank you for your interest to join Golden Bridge Drive, Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Golden Bridge Drive (SG)