Lead Solutions Node.JS Engineer
HackerTrail | Date Posted: 11-Jun-2018
Experienced, Senior Manager
Bachelor's / Honours
About the Role:
We’re looking for a passionate software engineering leader who’s in-love with technology, excited about building solutions that service millions of users, curious about life and who loves teaching & learning from others.
Be part of an exciting growth company that works with Banks, Telcos, Media Companies & Fintech partners to build security, geolocation, loyalty & business intelligence solutions to revolutionise and build next generation high growth products that service millions of users.
What We Offer:
Salary: 8 to 16k depending on experience & skillset
Bonus: Twice a year bonuses up to 3 months
Benefits: 20 days Annual Leave, etc
- Act as a team builder who sets the engineering culture, values and focus
- Do the research and analysis for solving complex tech problems
- Ensure that each of our technology products meet or exceed industry standards
- Be a member of an agile scrum team that takes complete ownership of architecting, designing, developing, testing and delivering.
- Keep our code quality high by performing code reviews and writing unit tests, functional tests and performance tests that are integrated into CI/CD pipeline.
- Assist in defining process models and tool sets to enable adoption of DevOps methodologies
- Ensure timely completion of Sprint tasks assigned to you and the team
- Formulate and document the best practices and architectures to develop and manage highly resilient solutions on public and private PaaS and SaaS platforms
Requirements & Experience:
- 6+ years software development experience
- Experience in Startups & vendor development companies is an advantage
- Strong development experience in either Node.JS on Express.JS or equivalent frameworks with exposure towards Web services and APIs (RESTful & SOAP)
- DB (Postgres, Mysql, Elastic Search, etc) The more experience with different DB types the better.
- Produce clean, secure, testable, maintainable, reusable, well documented code and participate in regular code reviews
- Agile Scrum development experience
- Good documentation standards and experience
- Build business domain driven reusable micro services with API management solution using micro services design patterns
- Develop clear consistent, easy to use Apis
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and big data ecosystem.
- Analyze and solve all problems across all levels of the stack (Client, Network, API Layer, Server, Database OS)
- Experience with implementing run-time architecture services (caching, logging, etc.)
Great to Have:
- Experience with PaaS technologies such as Cloud Foundry and/or OpenShift
- Experience with Asynchronous messaging using Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis or alike.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and process such as Git, Jenkins, JUnit/TestNG, Nexus, Chef/Puppet etc
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as docker and swarm and kubernetes
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux OS and shell scripts
- Experience with React JS
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS)
- Unit testing & Automation and CI Experience