Lead Network Engineer
Infinite Computer Solutions Pte. Ltd.| Date Posted: 1-Jul-2020
EA Licence No: 14C6941|EA Personal Registration No: R1436393
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
JOB DESCRIPTION – Network Lead
Required Key Skills
- Good supervisory skills leading at least 5 engineers
- Good interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- A senior lead role who is confident and provide guidance to junior and senior engineers in a highly dynamic operational environment
- To improve the standard of technical operations and competencies within the team.
- To work and liaise with other operations teams and the wider technical community in order to diagnose and fix service affecting issues.
- To work and liaise with other operations teams and the wider technical community on design, implementation, and transition to BAU operation of new network infrastructure
- To participate in incident, problem, and capacity management processes
- Good initiatives to resolving customer concerns
- Good leadership quality and proactiveness to drive the team, assign tasks, prioritize tasks
- Good knowledge in implementation and maintenance of Cisco Routers and Switches of all series.
- Good knowledge in implementation and operations support of NAC (network access control)
- Good knowledge in Aruba Clear Pass / Cisco ISE, Wireless Network / Access Points / Controllers support and troubleshooting
- CCNP, Check Point, Palo Alto certifications
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, Packet Tracers and network analytics tools
- Good knowledge on Firewall Products like Cisco ASA, FortiGate, Palo Alto, Checkpoint
- Good knowledge on Aruba ClearPass/Cisco ISE, Cisco wireless controllers
- Knowledge on F5 load balancers
- Work closely with the customer network focal to understand pain points
- Build rapport with the customer network focal to ensure all concerns are addressed in a timely manner
- Workplace is at customer premises and staff must follow instituted Workplace securities
- Provide guidance to the engineers to perform Problem resolution, escalation and/or closure of incident including problem analysis and identification of the source of the problem w.r.t Routing and Switching
- Perform & provide guidance to the engineers on the configuration change activities
- Provide, update, guide the team in problem status to the Service Desk and/or update into the ticketing tool according to the Procedures Manual
- Guide the team to perform day-to-day Network operation for the Network Infra-structure and Network Equipment at the customer/IBM premises, including performance monitoring, bandwidth monitoring.
- Work with customer's vendor to perform testing and preventative maintenance according to the schedule provided by the customer for the Network Equipment
- Perform Problem resolution, escalation and/or closure of incident including problem analysis and identification of the source of the problem
- Provide proactive incident reports for all Network related problems, faults, events within TWENTY-FOUR (24) hours
- Respond to all fault calls inclusive of emails and other forms of communications for Firewall related issues and problems reported
- Escalate the problem to Vendors Support in timely manner and get the issue resolved within the specified time as agreed with the customer/IBM
- Provide multi-vendor equipment support across a wide range of models and types of networking equipment
- Maintain the inventory of certificates and install/update/renew certificates as and when required.
- Perform security activities like hardening/periodic health check/ ID validation and other compliance activities as per IBM security policies and standards.
- Maintain the device inventory list for the client when needed, Maintain the software/firmware for all the devices up to date
- Subscribe to vendor notifications for the managed devices for vulnerabilities and review/validate/apply security patches pro-actively.
- Maintain the IP address inventory and allocate new IP address when required by business.
- Engage third part vendors to resolve hardware issues and follow up till closure
- Monitor vendor End of Life / End of Support notifications for all In Scope Devices and inform the client.
EA License No. - 14C6941
Infinite Computer Solutions Pte. Ltd.