Lead Monitoring Engineer
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)| Date Posted: 11-Mar-2020
EA Licence No: 06C5060|EA Personal Registration No: 200818951C
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- 1 year renewable contract, convertible to perm
- Working location: Nearby Red Hill MRT
- Design and strategy of monitoring the infrastructure as a whole
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of Systems, Application and Network performance monitoring and management
- Provide top-down monitoring strategy for enterprise service visibility that includes Cloud and On-Prem environments
- Monitor infrastructure performance and usage to determine need to enhance server/VM capacity (CPU, memory, disk, etc.) to improve the systems based on operational needs
- Provide server and application performance real time and historic reports for analysis
- Work with multiple teams and stakeholders to determine best monitoring approach of systems and applications
- Lead discussions for redesign and implementation of the monitoring environment to modernize with latest trends
- Coordinate between support and development teams to ensure effective delivery of monitoring of all services
- Stay up to date with the latest monitoring technology and trends
- Defines, implements and maintains system configuration standards
- Provide night time and weekend maintenance and production support, as needed.
- Responsible for some communication with vendor support.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in Implementation, support and management of the enterprise monitoring tools. (e.g. SCOM, Solarwinds,)
- Knowledge and experience in operations of virtual technologies such as Hyper Converged Infrastructure architectures
- Server OS administration (Windows and Linux)
- Knowledge of VMWare, MS Windows technologies, AD, clustering and MS NLB (Network Load Balancing) especially troubleshooting.
- Understanding of orchestration and automation methodologies.
- High level understanding of various complementing technologies including Security / Fault / Monitoring / Patch management / Networking / ITIL / Business Continuity Planning / Database.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in Enterprise Monitoring architecture, constraints and security
- Good knowledge of networking technologies and monitoring techniques: TCP/IP fundamentals, commonly used network routing protocols, SNMP, Syslog, Flow sampling
- Possess certifications such as Microsoft SCOM, and OS Platform Certifications.
- Possess ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)