Lead, Learning Services & School Partnerships, SMU Libraries
Applications are invited for the appointment of Lead, Learning Services & School Partnerships at the SMU Libraries, Singapore Management University (SMU).
We are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative and experienced information professional to support learning, research and engagement at Singapore Management University through coordinated approaches to research support, information and digital literacy, and a range of services and engagement activities.
You will provide leadership and direction to optimise learning services to support and advance teaching, learning and research goals of faculty, students and staff across schools and the University. Working closely with the Head, Learning and Engagement, you will lead and supervise a team of Research Librarians and work collaboratively with other units in the Library. You will also proactively engage with Schools, Offices and Departments across the University.
- Master’s level degree in either library science, information science, knowledge management or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in academic libraries; experience with library leadership and management is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of trends in research support, information and digital literacy instruction and services in academic libraries; experience in these areas is essential.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaborative capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and conceptually and to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively to others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and develop collaborative, high-performing teams.
- Highly developed communication (written and verbal), negotiation and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and build collaborative relationships with across the Libraries and with stakeholders.
- Ability to participate effectively, knowledgeably, and purposefully in the wider affairs of the University.
- Future-oriented perspective; knowledgeable about current trends and practices in libraries and higher education.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable and contribute to a diverse team of staff in a dynamic environment.
More details on the position is available at this link.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants, please email your resume with a covering letter to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]. The covering letter must state the applicants’ responses to the selection criteria. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University