Lead Engineer, IT Data Centre
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 23-Jun-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Facilities Project Management related tasks, including structured network cabling and management in relation to Data Center / ELV operations.
- Manage and provide overall delivery of projects
- Manage the IT DCO infrastructure project team and provide issues and risks
- Manage all the processes used by the team and ensure the processes are compliant
- Responsible for planning and directing the information processing activities of the team and coordinate the effective design, implementation, and operation
- Manage the team to produce quality deliverables according Project Management Standards
- Manage business requirements received form business and within IT, and work with the project team to prioritize work requested and drive project to completion
- Manage project timelines and validate project deliverables to meet business objectives
- Work with other IT teams, suppliers or contractors to deploy quality IT infrastructure
- Perform people management for the team
- Manage and provide weekly report to stakeholders.
- Exhibit quality workmanship on all work and maintain colocation space cleanliness.
- Liaise with Facilities, Security and Surveillance teams to ensure optimal operation of electricity, HVAC and monitoring environments within Data Centers and ELV rooms.
- Perform tasks at the direction of supervisor.
Education & Certification
- Degree in Business or Technology related curriculum preferred
- Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Formal training and certification in Data Center Management & Design
- Formal training and certification in Network Management & Design
- Formal training and certification in Windows Operating and Linux System Management & Design
- Data center skills such as installing/moving equipment and cabling on a large-scale basis
- Minimum 10 years hands-on experience with Data Center environment
- Experience supporting & maintaining a medium to large scale enterprise
- Hands-on experience with server hardware (HP/IBM/Dell/Cisco) preferred
- General experience with other infrastructure components (storage, backup)
- Knowledge of common network layer 2/3 protocols.
- Knowledge in Data Center design & implementation
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Good communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work and lead a team