Lead Buyer (Mechanical / $6500/ OEM)
To join an US MNC, Leader in Semicon OEM
Excellent employee benefits
Well-structured and systematic department
The key responsibilities for this role are Sourcing and Supplier Cost Negotiation. This position requires the incumbent to have the experience and ability to source for cost competitive suppliers for the Mechanical/Metal Commodity including raw materials, intermediate, fabricated parts and secondary processes suppliers. This position requires the incumbent to have good manufacturing knowledge of the mechanical part make processes and cost drivers. The incumbent is expected to be able to negotiate with suppliers on cost.
● Source for cost competitive supplier in the Mechanical / Metal Commodity
● Source for raw material supplier related to the Metal Commodity
● Source for fabricated piece part and module suppliers related to the Metal Commodity.
● Perform New Supplier Evaluation using Supplier SWOT and Risk assessment analysis.
● Perform RFQ and cost analysis on costed BOM comparison
● Perform Make vs Buy Analysis
● Lead in Supplier Cost Negotiation annually and as when needed
● Perform spend analysis and part cost analysis
● Understand cost drivers and industry raw material / component pricing for negotiation
● Identify commodity gap and develop new sources to close gap
● Develop Commodity AVL for your Commodity
● Co-ordinate Quarterly Business Review to track supplier’s performance.
● Establish Business Operating Requirements Contract with Supplier
● Diploma / Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
● Min 5 years in Sourcing / Commodity Management experiences in a MNC environment with following required skills:
o Strong Analytic Skills
o Subject Matter Expert (Suppliers Base, Cost Model, Manufacturing Process) for the commodity
o Have a good understanding of the Macro-economy and Business World
o Excellent Interpersonal Skills / Effective Negotiator
o Familiar with Business Contract and Contract Law
● Experience with ERP software required; preferably Oracle Applications
● Experience in operation management and Process knowledge (Mechanical Assembly) is a plus
● Meticulous, self-motivated with demonstrated leadership, initiative and teamwork skills
Interested candidate please send your updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] or click apply now
R1548901 Tang Swee Lung
11C5781 ScienTec Consulting Pte Ltd