Lead Analyst, IT Performance Management and Analytics
Summary of Job Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of a Lead Analyst is to gather, interpret and use complex data to develop actionable steps that will improve processes and optimize results.
The Lead Analyst needs to provide a wide array of support to the IT leadership including recommending best practices, strategic analysis and evaluating performance of key IT operating metrics.
Day-to-day, the Lead Analyst supports systems administration, migrations and assesses the IT organization needs, receives robust information, and analyzes it, looking for telltale trends or areas for performance improvement.
The Lead Analyst delivers relevant information to stakeholders and uses it to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of a service, product, or system.
Operationally the Lead Analyst generates management reports or specific /adhoc reports in collaboration with cross functional teams to meet the organisation needs.
- Ensures all reporting and analyses are complete, accurate and delivered in a timely manner
- Use statistical methods to identify areas for operational improvement and make suggestions for streamlining and improving processes
- Work with IT functions to secure and acquire data from relevant data sources
- Development and management of a centralized database that ensures efficient and effective access to data for reporting and analysis
- Identify, access, and integrate data sources that can be used to provide reporting and analysis
- Assist to execute departmental initiatives and roadmap items
- Gathering of requirements, design, development, and delivery of reporting
- Assist with the effort to streamline and automate all analytics reporting processes
- Assists with the migration of existing reports to automated dashboards
- Prepares ad-hoc reporting analyses, ensuring results are presented in a clear and concise manner
- Assist department leadership to drive consistency of data, processes and technology
- Prepare and generate Management Reports for circulation periodically
- Administer systems, support systems migration, organize and archival of data in the associated artefacts and generate projects or system specific reports for circulation
- Provide excellent customer service and communication in all professional interactions
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent
- Min 5 years of IT Project Management experience is an advantage
- Min 5 years of experience in producing metrics and Analytics reporting in support of IT Organization
- Proficient with Advance Microsoft Excel & other Microsoft Office programs (MS Teams, Sharepoint etc.)
- Experience creating data models within Microsoft Excel required
- Experience using SQL server required
- Proficient in SQL, Python, data visualization tools & dashboarding technologies (i.e. Power BI / Tableau / Qlik etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills suited for technical audiences and peers.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with management
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Planning and Organizing – Effective at planning and managing own workload and ability to split time between reactive tasks and planned project work
- Teamwork – Ability to coordinate and collaborate across teams
- Quality – Strong attention to detail, quality and accuracy