Laser / Optics Engineer (PHD in Optics or related)
This laser and optical engineering position is in Manufacturing Engineering. The successful candidate will develop and improve manufacturing processes for the production of complex optical and laser systems within a fast paced manufacturing environment. The candidate will also apply engineering principles and troubleshooting skills to provide day-to-day technical support to active production lines.
This is a sustaining engineering position for current and newly introduced lasers and sub-systems (beam-conditioning optics, modulators, polarizers, etc) . Timely resolving assembly and test issues faced during production is important in this position. The work encompasses failure analysis related to defective materials, unstable or errant processes/equipment, and ranges from new components/sub-assemblies to field return units.
• Manage the transfer of new product from design engineering to manufacturing sites for mass production, inclusive of transfer planning, facility preparation, production team training, build & test procedure, material and tools/equipment readiness.
• Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with design engineering, equipment vendors, production and field service teams.
• Generate assembly process flows, description and work instructions.
• Timely resolve daily issues that impede fulfillment of production orders.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment layout, etc.
• Assure product and process quality by developing appropriate testing methods; analyzing process capabilities; establishing standards; and validating manufacturing processes.
• Effectively apply process control (e.g. statistical process control (SPC)) to monitor, analyze, and define errant processes, and to refine processes to reduce variability.
• Review production rejects, provide appropriate decisions and actions for disposition.
• Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing failure/defect information and trends; following up with corrective/improvement actions.
• Devise and submit engineering change orders (ECO) to refine processes and parts.
• Determine the calibration and maintenance processes for production tools and test equipment.
• Qualify supplier/design/procedure change by developing relevant test methods and documenting the outcome.
• Provide technical support to field service.
• Develop and implement continuous improvement projects, applying a systematic approach to problem-solving.
Specific Requirements for this Position:
• Good knowledge of solid-state and fiber-based lasers.
• In-depth knowledge of precision optics including lenses, polarization optics, modulators and optical harmonic generation.
• Hands on experience with assembly and test of optical, electro-optical, electro-mechanical & laser systems.
• Experience in beam characterization using commercially available equipment, e.g. Spiricon M2 instrument & Ophir beam profiler.
• Experience in using multi-meter, function generator and oscilloscope.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
• Hands on experience using 3D CAD software for simple jig/fixture design will be an added advantage.
• Good working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and MS Words is essential.
• Experience in programming (e.g. VBA, C#, data analytics, database, etc) will be an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems will be an advantage.
• Good knowledge of manufacturing best practices (e.g. ISO 9001, Kanban, LEAN, 8D, Design-for-Manufacturability, etc)
• Familiarity with SPC methodology for process management will be an advantage.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to multi-task in support of multiple product lines simultaneously.
• A good team player yet able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Education and Related Experience:
PhD in laser, optic or electro-optical engineering.
Candidates with a degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering and with experience in the manufacturing of laser systems is highly desirable.
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Please email your resume in a detailed MS Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] stating
1) Expecting Salary
2) Date Available
3) Reason to Leave each job:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Joyce Koh Ai Leng
People Profilers Pte Ltd,
10 Anson Road #09-01/02 International Plaza
Tel: 6805 0868
EA License Number: 02C4944
EA Personnel Reg nos R1110618
People Profilers Pte Ltd