Laboratory Technician [Dover Campus]
UWCSEA Dover is looking for a Laboratory Technician to support the Chemistry programmes in our Middle and High School from October 2020.
Reporting to the Lab Supervisor and Head of Chemistry, the incumbent will provide chemistry and general science technical support in the Science Department to students aged 11 to 18 years. The incumbent will maintain and manage the safe operating procedures of all equipment and materials to ensure best experience of school practical science for students and support teachers in their roles.
- Coordinate the use of science practical resources and facilities and provide assistance to the teachers in delivering the science curriculum, ensuring the availability of suitable materials and equipment.
- Support and give technical advice to students on their projects and enquiries.
- Maintenance of laboratory apparatus and improve the equipment design including calibrating and repairing equipment. Cleaning glassware and stocking laboratories.
- Maintain a high level of safety standards and upkeep the tidiness of the lab at all times. Fulfilling the conditions of licenses including safe handling, preparation and disposal of chemicals and materials.
- Work closely with teachers on meeting curriculum requirements and be involved actively in developing instructional materials, examination papers, printed resources and risk assessments.
- Ordering, sourcing, liaising with suppliers and checking of stock and replenish when necessary.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Minimum Certificate/Diploma in a related discipline
- 3 years experience of working in a relevant discipline within a laboratory or similar environment.
- 3 years experience of working in an educational setting e.g: K-12 school
- 3 years working knowledge of relevant safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, proactively and positively as part of a team
- Verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with colleagues, students and other professionals
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of Mac platform and MS Office
- Ability to operate a range of ICT equipment and other specialist resources
- Commitment to the highest standards of child protection and safeguarding
Interested applicants, please submit an application via our portal by Monday, 21 September 2020.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
United World College of South East Asia