Laboratory Operations Manager
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD | Date Posted: 22-Jul-2018
Bachelor's / Honours
- Manage the laboratories with profitability and operational responsibility.
- Responsible for revenue growth, operational/capex expenditure, cost control and operating profit margin.
- Develop business strategies, administer, operate and develop laboratory capability and efficiency to ensure timely and quality delivery of work orders according to order requirement and client expectations.
- Overall responsible for maintaining the laboratories quality systems.
- Lead, motivate and coach team members towards department objectives and implement all quality, safety and other policy directives within the division.
- Managing Director
- Achieve business unit budget objectives in terms of revenue, operating profit margin, operating expenditure and optimal equipment utilization.
- Identifying new business opportunities and development, monitor market for development of new technologies and trends and source for new business.
- Analyze market potential and develop competitive positioning and pricing strategies.
- Responsible for clients claims.
- Ensure smooth and optimal operation within the laboratories with effective use of resources.
- Supervise daily laboratory activities to ensure that the laboratories provide a high standard of service to meet customer needs. Manage, approve and review test findings.
- Manage laboratory technical functions according to prescribed standards. Establish new methods and develop tests as required.
- Responsible for the qualification and maintenance of all types of equipment.
- Oversee the maintenance of the laboratories quality systems.
- Ensure suitable and sufficient risk controls are applied at all times.
- Lead, coach and develop a cohesive and business-oriented team. Ensure proper staffing levels suitable to cope with the workload.
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate safety arrangements are made to safeguard employees and meet the legislated requirements.
- Ensure the implementation of SGS Group Policies, quality and operating procedures across all levels within the department.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the superior.
- Degree in Chemistry or related field.
- 10 years of operational and management experience in laboratory related business.
- Able to coordinate and motivate a team towards a common goal
- Able to realize business opportunities in conformity to the business strategy
- Technical knowledge and experience in related field and in using management methods and tools
- Able to work independently and to coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Business and profit-minded with related technical know-how. Competitive and profit-driven; re-invents competitive advantage.
- Able to interact with all levels of management, suppliers, and clients
- Good communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Acts quickly and decisively, able to make tough calls
- Works well under pressure, challenges status quo.
- Applies judgment and acts according to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD