Laboratory Assistant (6-12 months contract)
Manpower Singapore| Date Posted: 11-Apr-2021
EA Licence No: 02C3423
- Being the key personnel managing specimen receipt in clinical laboratory. Day-to-day duties include data entry of specimen details when specimens are delivered to laboratory, scanning and filing of specimen order forms, communicating with the Sales team when clarifications are needed and keeping track of follow-ups.
- Assisting in specimen processing steps.
- Assisting in ensuring smooth logistics and workflow of international deliveries of specimens to laboratory. This would involve identifying packaging and delivery requirements for specimens from overseas markets (e.g. the US) and tracking of delivery status.
- Specimens are received at laboratory for cancer diagnostics and COVID-19 testing. Please note that you will not be coming into direct contact with any of the specimens, but you should be comfortable handling the kits, blood tubes etc. that contain such specimens. These would include blood/tissue samples for cancer-related tests and swab/saliva samples for Covid-19 tests.
- Experience managing operational matters in a related field (e.g. biological sciences, molecular biology, genetics) is desirable.
- Flexibility in working on weekends, public holidays, morning shifts (e.g. 7am-4pm) and afternoon shifts (e.g. 1pm-10pm) as needed, based on staff rosters.
- Exceptional attention to detail, being highly meticulous and organized. This is an administrative role that is a crucial part of workflow.
- The ability to think creatively for novel solutions to day-to-day challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner to meet organizational goals.
- Able to work well and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
Yvonne Ong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1549551