Lab Assistant (Sample Processing)
To assist the Supervisor, Pre-Analytical Services in the following accountabilities as required.
• Enter data from standard and more complex VSK patient information forms and remanding material requiring further clarification.
• Apply quality control (QC) labels to the appropriate patient information forms.
• Review standard and more complex patient information forms for quality control purposes after accessioning is complete.
Ensure that patient forms which have been quality checked have been removed from the requisition QC queue in a timely manner.
• Investigate, resolve and remove standard and more complex entries from Lab Operations’ data clarification queues.
• Perform resolution desk duties as applicable.
• Register any late arriving specimens. Accession patient forms.
• Ensure that LRMS requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Provide cover for Senior Laboratory Operations Associate when and as required.
• Maintain printers as needed.
• Enter reference lab results data into the database system as applicable.
• Manage work sheet creation and end of accessioning functions.
• Assist in resolving pending tests and/or cancel/re-select laboratory analyte tests, where required.
• Review, action and close any ad-hoc requests assigned.
• Assist in the training of less experienced Laboratory Operations staff on relevant job function procedures.
• Provide support to line management in any tasks applicable to the daily running of the department.
Interested candidates should possess the following:
- Minimum GCE 'O' levels , ideally a Diploma (preferably in Biomedical/Biological Science)
- Experienced candidates, with warehouse/storeman experience highly advantageous.
- Physically fit & computer-savvy
- Prior experience working in a medical/hospital laboratory advantageous.