Roles & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Kitchen Helper/Assistant is to support daily food preparation and learn how to work in each and every area of the kitchen. In order to accomplish this, a Kitchen Helper/Assistant rotates throughout the kitchen.
• Familiarise themselves with the composition of all menu items.
• Understand and consistently comply with the standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Inform supervisors when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
• Maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress code.
• The above main duties are not exhaustive, and there may be additional/other ad-hoc duties deemed fit by superior
• Other ad-hoc duties may be required from and assigned to you.