Kitchen Assistant/ Cook
Goldhill Hakka Restaurant 1997| Date Posted: 25-May-2021
Permanent, Part Time
Entry Level, Experienced
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma
Kitchen Assistant Responsibilities:
- Preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping vegetables and seafood.
- Proper cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Washing and storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes appropriately.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors, wiping down kitchen walls.
- Organizing and correctly storing food supplies.
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Chef's instructions.
- Assist Chef in cooking during dine-in operations.
Kitchen Assistant Requirements:
- Able to communicate in mandarin.
- Able to read Chinese and Basic English.
- Proven experience assisting in kitchens.
- Familiar in handling of knives.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Goldhill Hakka Restaurant 1997