Key Account Manager
Kian Soon Mechanical Components Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 14-Sep-2019
Entry Level, Experienced
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Purpose of the role
- This position is designed to make a significant contribution towards growth and sustainability of the Company’s sales and profit objectives.
- A key role is to source out new leads and assist the Business Development Manager in planning and executing growth strategies.
- Manage assigned key and strategic accounts effectively and develop new customers to achieve sales and profit objectives set by the company.
- Formulate effective sales and pricing strategies, utilize CRM tools to grow these accounts.
- Penetrate new market sectors and in alignment with Head Office’s strategies in Logistics and Supply Chain to broaden market reach.
- Manage customers’ relationships and develop strong rapport with key and strategic accounts.
- Regular review of customers’ needs and requirements, ensure satisfactory delivery and service level in accordance to company’s rules and guidelines.
- Creative selling in offering value-added services to customers, proposing solutions, assessing risks with effective planning and project management to promote Vendor Managed Inventory, Creative Component Selling and explore potential business opportunity.
- Explore new and existing products to widen company’s offer range.
- Review customers’ contracts and specific requirements are adequately being checked and maintained within the company’s system, and important commercial documents need prior approval from management are proper before putting into effect.
- Monitor industry trends and analyse market demand to generate accurate forecast so that the company could make necessary adjustment in capacity and resources.
- Uphold professionalism in selling and key account management, promote company’s brand name and participate in trade promotion events when needed.
- Attend to customer’s complaint and co-ordinate with Quality Department to resolve quality/ technical/ delivery/ service issues.
- Attend department meetings and provide suggestion/ recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure work done follow the quality system requirements in accordance with ISO 9001 standard, ISO 14001 and MOM's Workplace Safety and Health Act.
- To perform other tasks as may be assigned by the respective supervisor or management.
Required Qualifications & Competencies
- Minimum: Diploma in Engineering or Business or Marketing field.
- Min 2 year of working experience in components manufacturing or trading environment.
- Salary will depend on qualification and experience plus performance-related incentives.
- Possess own transport.
- Must be willing to travel when required.
- Effective communication. analytical problem solving and attention to details.
- Self-driven and ability to work independently.
- Good team player.
- Sales and Profit targets
- Sustain and improve customers’ ratings
Kian Soon Mechanical Components Pte Ltd