Junior Sous Chef - Mott 32 (Cantonese/ Chinese Cuisine)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 30-Oct-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Support Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef to run daily kitchen operations.
- Train Chef de Partie and Commis to understand kitchen standards and hygiene related topics.
- Follow standard recipes and guidelines for food presentation, production, and portioning controls.
- Manage stocks for daily mise en place production, place food order and conduct regular check when doing goods receiving to ensure quality is met.
- Knowledge of food & safety hygiene policy, color labelling, recording of food temperature and well verse in handling of kitchen equipment
- Commit to serving and producing high quality food standard, applying “First in First out!” Best kitchen practice and adhering to stringent hygiene standards.
- Responsible for the food production following the flow from when it gets delivered to the guest plate; be in control of the step by step preparation.
- Comply and ensure hygiene policies are strictly adhered to a daily basis being relentless checking and controlling cooks applying all standards in place.
- Ensure safe and proper use of equipment at all times and to give guidance to all culinary colleagues.
- Provide accurate recipes with appropriate training to the line cooks enabling them to deliver consistent food product.
- Assist individuals with their job functions and on the job training when necessary to ensure optimum service to customers.
- Estimate food consumption to schedule purchases and requisition of raw materials. Minimize waste and spoilage to expenses in line with budget.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Undertake additional duties and responsibilities of work outside the normal daily/weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position.
- Degree / Diploma / Certification in Culinary or Management.
- At least 5 years of supervision position experience in a 4-5 star hotel or quality restaurant.
- Must have a comprehensive and diverse culinary background that suggests a well-developed set of skills to cope in large, diverse kitchen and restaurant environment.
- Excellent logistical, culinary and leadership skills.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of additional languages is advantages.
- Willing and able to do shift work.
- Have a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Work inside and continuously maneuver in and around all the Kitchens.