Junior Sous Chef
Violet Oon| Date Posted: 3-May-2021
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma
- Manage and supervise the entire kitchen and activities of all chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Supervise Chef De Partie to make sure duties assigned are completed with standards set inclusive of machine/equipment maintenance, stock deliveries, cleanliness, quality of food and set-up for daily operations/events.
- Report to Head Chef /Sous Chef on all staff and operation matters
- To constantly be physically involved in all phases of the daily operation requirements
- Responsible for proper efficiency and profitable functioning of the assigned kitchen and to ensure expenses/purchases are within budget limits.
- Attend weekly meeting with Corporate Executive Chef / Chef De Cuisine to discuss future plans and review ongoing actions.
- Attend weekly outlet meeting
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff.
- Update menu recipe cards and menu planning for promotion.
- Monitor staff schedules, transfers, overtime, annual and statutory holiday
- Conduct kitchen meetings when Sous Chef is absent, daily briefing and training classes for staff to develop skills.
- Adheres to rules and regulations set by the higher Management.
- Ensure that adequate stock is always maintained in the relevant station.
- Adheres to rules and regulations set by the Management.
- Monitor staff roster, transfers, overtime, annual and statutory holidays and supervise staff appraisals.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Food & Beverage Services Management or equivalent.
- At least 3 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Required Skill(s): culinary
- Preferably Manager specialized in Food/Beverage/Restaurant Service or equivalent.