Junior Big Data Developer
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD’s Information Technology division partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high-energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing MSD’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
The Company Led Training (CLT) program is a structured development programme jointly developed by the MSD Singapore IT Hub and the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) that aims to enable fresh and mid-level professionals to acquire specialist expertise for jobs in demand by the industry, especially those that support Smart Nation projects. More details here.
In a nutshell, you will be part of an exciting development team to work on collecting, storing and processing big sets of data of disparate formats and data sources and integrating them into a single data lake for further visualization.
You will get to:
- Work with structured data and unstructured data
- Extract, transform and load (ETL) a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies
- Automate and implement end-to-end ETL process of structured, semi-structured and unstructured datasets, using scripts, orchestrating tools like Jenkin and ETL tools
- Write optimal code, scripts or query to transform and process the data in a timely manner
- Optimize the data pipeline and data delivery performance
- Design solutions using the appropriate big data toolset such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive and Elastic Search (ELK)
- Decides how best to store and query a variety of data with different data storage technology such as HDFS, NoSQL databases like HBase, MongoDB or relational database
- Work in a cross-functional team, using Agile methodology
Trainees eligible for CLT are Singapore citizens with either diploma or degree qualifications in ICT or Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can submit their application online through MSD Career site. If you need further information, you can email Anthea Quek ([Click Here to Email Your Resume]).
What we offer at MSD?
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
Search Firm Representatives, Please Read Carefully:
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means