Japanese Content Localization Specialist
Summary of Job Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for localizing and managing the quality of the Japanese digital content on MarinaBaySands.com (website, digital marketing products etc.) for the variety of internal business units (such as F&B, Retail, Hotel, Museum, etc.) throughout the Marina Bay Sands’ business.
As a Language Specialist in charge of Japanese content, besides being passionate about language and localization, you will need to have a strong commercial and brand understanding which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our content. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with digital contents at the highest standard of quality.
- Understand the Marina Bay Sands’ branding style and ToV, then provide creative and effective localization services (i.e. translation, localization, transcreation, and review) not only for the digital MBS content on the official website, but also digital marketing content such as display ads and social copies, targeted to the Japan market
- Maintain the quality of the Japanese content on our website through regular content checks as well as language specific tools, such as translation memory as well as term manager databases
- Develop and maintain Marina Bay Sands’ digital linguistic assets, such as glossaries and style guides, etc.
- Support custom language services, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website content and products offered to Japanese customers
- Quality reviewing and monitoring of the translation delivered by localization vendor with consistent feedback
- Maintain communication and interactions among internal team members and external resources (vendor) to resolve issues and queries
- Query management for internal stakeholders and vendor(s)
- Conduct RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for localization quality management
- Help identify and develop skills of new resources (vendor) where necessary
- Identification of project/process improvement opportunities and escalating to team lead
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of prior translation/proofreading/copywriting/etc. experiences. Preferably in any one of the related industries: F&B, Retail, Hospitality, Travel, Marketing, eCommerce, Museum.
- Experience with/in marketing/advertising (digital) industry will be a plus.
- Japanese native level speaker with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English. Fluency in any other Eastern Asian languages will be a plus.
- Cultural knowledge in both target and source language(s);
- Ability to define and meet the customers’ expectations (both internal and external)
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Computer Assisted Translations tools (example: Trados / SDLX, Term Manager / Translation Memory database) will be a plus
- Experiences with any CMS, especially AEM (Adobe Experience Manager)
- Detail/Quality/Result-oriented, self-motivated in completing assignments
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Ability to maintain professionalism and focus under pressure and tight deadlines
- Desire and drive to gain the knowledge and perform the tasks assigned with a high degree of quality
- Demonstrates awareness of shared team goals by willingly sharing responsibilities and accountability with peers, by participating in combined efforts