ITP Administrative Assistant [Part-Time]
UWCSEA is looking for a part time Administrative Assistant to join its Dover Campus from April 2021 to support the ITP Coordinator in the administration of the Instrumental Teaching Programme (ITP).
The Instrumental Teaching Programme is delivered by a team of 40 IECs and 8 of the full-time Music staff and approximately 600 students are enrolled in this programme.
As a part time job, the ITP Admin Assistant needs to be available to work from 11:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday
Reporting to the Head of Music (Dover), The role of Administrative Assistant in Dover High School includes (but is not limited to) the following more specific responsibilities:
- To maintain accurate information on all aspects of the Instrumental Teaching Programme in CIMS, including registrations, lesson billing, lesson and room timetables, generating finance reports for payments to teachers, refunds, instrument hire billing, instrument hire and piano inventories, following-up on payments, contact information, etc.
- To provide administrative support to the ITP Coordinator and ITP teaching team in all aspects of the Instrumental Teaching Programme.
- To assist the ITP Coordinator to regularly communicate accurate and current information about ITP, and issues affecting the delivery of the programme, to all stakeholders through the College’s various communications channels. This includes assisting the ITP Coordinator in maintaining the ITP Website.
- To maintain the ITP email account responding to enquiries with the support of the ITP Coordinator.
- To assist the ITP Coordinator to ensure that ITP spaces (i.e. practice rooms, ITP Lounge, instrument storage areas) are properly maintained and equipped liaising with Facilities and the Head of Music as necessary to achieve this.
- To liaise with HR to complete the necessary administrative procedures when a new ITP teacher is appointed.
- To assist the ITP Coordinator in the annual stocktake of ITP musical instruments.
- Specialised secretarial or general/project management qualifications etc.
- 3-5 years of experience in administration; secretarial or general administrative roles, ideally in a K1-Y12 International Education environment.
- Ideally some appreciation of Music as a subject
- Experience using CIMS and College Systems/ Processes would be advantageous but not essential.
- Highly proactive and competent administrator, who is flexible, a problem solver, and able to show initiative
- Comfortable with Google suite of programmes eg. google docs, spreadsheets etc & quick learner with regard to our other software platforms used at UWCSEA eg. OLP, notices etc
- Basic knowledge of accounting to work out costs/profits/budgets/ salaries/parents' payments
- Detailed orientated, great communications skills (oral and written), experience in multitasking
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia