IT - SYSTEM INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER (INFRA OPS)
Req. ID: 108850
As a System Infrastructure Engineer at Micron Shared Service Center, you will support the acquisition, installation, maintenance and administration of Micron’s core computing environment (servers, storage, operating systems and infrastructure). These systems are host platforms for Micron’s management, file, print, database, remote access, mail, web, manufacturing and application (client/server) systems.
System Engineers specialize in hardware and operating system support, user support, account and permission management, and the performance management, security, and tuning of systems.
You will work with Micron’s internal customers to ensure solutions meet or exceed business requirements. You will be expected to suggest, promote and leverage published standards to minimize environment complexity and ensure regulatory as well as license compliance.
- Define, design and implement core system hardware and operating system solutions and maintain systems
- Support day-to-day operations and customer support
- Ensure security, availability, performance, interoperability and reliability of Micron’s core computing resources
- Continually work to improve operations
- Provide system security and access
- Evolve the computing environment to meet future demands
- Participate in on-call 24/7 support rotations or 12 hour Shift Support
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree with good Honours in any Computer Science/Engineering discipline
- Good working knowledge of any of the following:
- Network architectures, TCP/IP, name resolution and directory services
- SAN and NAS storage, system backup processes, fiber channel switches
- Microsoft Windows, Solaris, or Red Hat Linux operating systems, VMware, Citrix, utilities, monitoring tools, and commands
- Networked PC and Windows environment support
- Enterprise-class server hardware technologies leveraged in a data center
Location: No. 1 Woodlands Industrial Park D Street 1, Singapore 738799
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: SINGAPORE || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || SGA || Entry || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-SING ||
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, System Administrator, Systems Engineer, Operations, Engineering, Technology
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.