IT Support Officer
Confidential| Date Posted: 1-Aug-2020
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma
- Ensure smooth running of the Company’s computer systems and ensuring providing technical support to users both in office and on board vessels own/operated by the Company. These include but are not limited to:
- installing and configuring computer hardware operation systems and applications;
- monitoring and maintaining the office and ship computer systems, networks and hardware, including liaising with external IT vendors regarding the same;
- assisting shore and sea staff, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to troubleshoot and resolve hardware or software issues;
- assist in preparing and administering the Company’s IT policy and procedures;
- assist with the Company’s cyber security defence, including configuring and upgrading routers, switches, firewalls, proxy, anti-virus software, access points etc.; and
- conduct disaster recovery operations.
- Boarding of vessels to provide relevant IT support.
- Assist in implementation of new info-system management software for the Company.
- Attend to projects and tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum Diploma in related discipline.
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Comfortable with boarding vessels within Singapore waters (safety training will be provided).
- Experience in setting up and running new info-software systems a distinct advantage.