IT Operations Engineer X5 (JIRA | Docker | Linux | Hyper-V | Up to $7500)
- Working opportunity in government sector!
- Basic up to $7,500 + AWS
- 2 years contract (subject to extension/conversion)
- #fasthire! (target to start on Feb - Apr)
As an operations engineer, you will be involved in managing and running data science and analytics platform that support agencies across the Whole-of-Government
Working location: Central
Working hours: MON-FRI office hours
- Manage day-to-day operational activities in the GDC as well as GCC, to ensure optimum system performance and work out databased strategy for continuous improvement.
- Work with the data engineering team, operations manager and project manager to implement improvement plans.
- Monitor and ensure that ATFM and Service Desk operations are functional, assist in L1 and L2 activities to users where necessary.
- Administer, monitor and maintain Linux & Windows servers, storages, NAS servers, Big data clusters.
- Set up, install, configure and deploy new servers, and perform hardening based on established guidelines and best practices.
- Perform data and server backup, and system security operations (e.g. user authorization, firewalls).
- Liaise with vendors and engineers for installations/replacements, upgrades and configuration of hardware, software and patches based on establish guidelines and best practices.
- Manage application/platform and security incidents, work with various internal teams and vendors to resolve issues on a timely basis to meet SLA, escalating to higher management if necessary.
- Singaporean only
- At least Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or related studies with min 2 years working experience in IT operations
- Good experienced in change management and incident management workflows, using ITSM tools (JIRA) to manage workflows.
- Familiarity with security and access control measures to control privileged access to test and production environment.
- Knowledge of container technologies such as Docker, LXC
- Experience in one or more virtualization technologies (KVM, Xen, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge in Linux and Windows server hardening
- Security knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu & Red Hat), Apache, Nginx, Java, IIS and Windows
- Familiarity with Privileged Access Management (PAM) tools e.g. CyberArk will be preferred.
- Experienced with management cloud infrastructure and services / certification with GPC, GCC (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) or equivalent cloud platforms will be preferred.
Interested please send your updated resume to Vivian:
R2090138 liew chien hui (vivian)
11C5781 ScienTec Consulting Pte Ltd