IT Investments Manager, Group Tech and Ops.
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
The GTO COO IT Investments Manager will support the IT portfolio planning and review activities to ensure value expectations from IT investments are met; and support the Planning & Control Lead in the planning and administration of the Bank’s IT Investment forums.
- Develop and maintain artifacts and reports for IT portfolio tracking and reporting
- Work with GTO T&O and Technology delivery teams to:
- collate and update status of the ongoing projects; and alert the Planning & Control Lead of any issues in the delivery performance
- collate and update status of the pipeline projects and facilitate coordination of dependencies within the GTO teams
- Develop and maintain tools and templates to facilitate IT portfolio planning and analysis
- Support the monitoring of IT Investment key performance indicators
- Support the Planning & Control Lead in the planning and administration of the weekly project reviews
- Support the Planning & Control Lead in the planning and administration of the IT Investment forums
- Support the IT CAPEX planning, budgeting and forecasting process
- May be required to support ad hoc projects related to line of work
- Bachelor's or master's degree in information systems, business administration or related field.
- 8 or more years of recent IT delivery experience.
- Portfolio management skills and experience, plus significant knowledge of end to end SDLC lifecycle with evidence of practical application.
- Proven experience in delivering large projects/programs from initiation to implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with diverse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, working knowledge in MS Project.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly empathetic and able to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of audiences and personalities.
- Banking industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with the use of tools to monitor portfolio activities and analyze portfolio performance
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)