IT Engineer (Security)
Ocean Communications Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 15-Aug-2020
Entry Level, Experienced
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Roles And Responsibilities
- Directly reporting to the IT Lead to deliver functional expertise, leadership and support IT systems and solution for the region.
- Responsible for implementing, supporting and maintaining all IT solutions/platforms
- Install and configure Server Operating Systems (Linux and Windows) and Networking Systems
- Perform security hardening, backups and maintain baseline system documentations
- Develop, maintain and document the installation, and configuration procedures
- Provide system and networking support, and maintenance
- Provide documentation, implementation, training and support
- Prepare, update and deliver regular project status updates
- Must be able to use discretion in handling confidential information
- Strong analytical, communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, prioritize tasks, communicate in a professional and timely manner in a team environment
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ownership and follow up skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage project resources including non-direct reports, contractors and stakeholders in the region
- Able to work in customers' premises and travel overseas on job assignment when required.
- Able to work after office hours, weekends and public holidays when required.
- Able to perform Standby duty to attend to customers' sites during and after office hours, weekends and public holidays when required.
- Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team environment.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Understand and adhere to health & safety policies and ensure quality of workmanship is maintained at all times to the highest possible standards.
- Diploma/Degree in Information Technology/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of system security, virtualization and industry standard IT protocols
- Knowledge of networking concepts like Firewall Configuration, Switch Configuration, LAN Troubleshooting, Network Tracing, WAN etc.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux and VMware/ Hyper-V systems
- Knowledge of Windows Server Features such as AD configuration, DNS configuration etc.
- Keen and strong interest in field of cyber-security and IT security
Ocean Communications Pte Ltd