Confidential| Date Posted: 24-Oct-2019
Experienced, Senior Manager
Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Key contributor to the formulation of digital strategies in support of the company’s business strategies.
- Ensure best IT support for the business to operate efficiently: To scale up as it expands and ensure sufficient backup in case of system failure.
- Advise the senior management on the emerging technologies and digital trends that are most relevant to the company's goals and evolving needs.
- Advise on the capital investment parameters, priorities and risks for IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Develop an IT vision, strategy, and a roadmap, and lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution.
- Ensure that current and planned technical architecture, investments and solutions are aligned with the company’s business objectives.
- Prepare and monitor IT operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Develop and execute an analytics programme for business leaders to make data-based decisions.
- Implement the most appropriate and effective IT organizational design to support and engage with the business.
- Hire, develop, evaluate, reward, and retain a highly-qualified team of IT professionals.
- Ensure that the team has strong system analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects.
- Able to lead the team to achieve IT goals at all times and go into details to assist the team to resolve the various issues.
- Ensure succession and continuity in the IT management positions.
- Promote a “business-first” mentality at all levels of the IT organization.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability in IT.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications.
- Establish metrics for managing IT effectiveness and for measuring the impact of IT on the business.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise information security programme to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
- Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan within the budget.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies.
- Review, recommend, and oversee all vendors and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services and equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or related fields.
- 15 years of experience in technology, including a minimum of 8 years in a senior management position.
- Experience in the retail or related industry will be a plus.
- Familiar with SAP system and Business Intelligence tools.
- Proven results in providing IT solutions to improve the business efficiency/staff productivity.
- Demonstrated experience in developing in house IT system to support the company’s business needs.
- Demonstrated experience driving digital transformation and business growth through innovation and the implementation of technology and yet ground to maintain a practical IT budget.
- Possesses solid knowledge in the best IT solutions to retail industry, emerging technologies, their strengths and weaknesses and the ability to apply these in meeting the company’s key business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement comprehensive approaches to cyber security and risk management.
- Possesses good business acumen, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written; able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent negotiating skills with internal customers and external service providers.
- A high energy executive; tenacious and passionate about reaching the goal.