IT Application Engineer (Data Migration)
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)| Date Posted: 7-May-2021
EA Licence No: 06C5060|EA Personal Registration No: 200818951C
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Permanent Role
- Working location: Central area
- Working hours: 830am to 6pm
- Plan, design, test & conduct Data Migration in accordance to specifications & service level. Where relevant, perform the necessary programming & configuration.
- Manage Data migration program, scripts changes through established change request process & provide status reports to the relevant parties.
- Respond promptly to Data Migration or Data incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Conduct root cause analysis & implement pro-active measures. Monitor effectiveness of implemented measures.
- Monitor the agreed service level (.e.g. service request, system availability),document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.
- Plan & implement Data Migration backup/restore procedures & disaster recovery plan, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
- Provide Data Migration systems related technical advice to customers or project team.
- Work with team lead to ensure design and programme codes conform to architecture and design standards, and that design satisfies functional and system requirements
- Participate in requirements gathering; work with Business Analysts in reviewing and refining functional specifications
- Participate in peer reviews to improve project quality
- Possess Oracle, PL/SQL programming knowledge. Typically 3 or more years’ experience with substantial project work in software development.
- Possess relevant system development / maintenance experience using Java, PL/SQL related technologies
- Possess initiative and disposition with a strong commitment and orientation towards results and high quality standards
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think out of the box
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivator with a positive attitude and with high energy
- Customer focused
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Diploma / Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology related field, or IT equivalent
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)