IT Analyst (9-month contract), IITS
- This position is for Office of Integrated Information Technology Services (IITS)
- Responsible for the delivery of the newly designed and re-run blended learning courses onto the subscribed platform and the support of the day-to-day operations.
- Conduct 1st level troubleshooting and escalating to vendor when necessary and accurately logging all queries and tracking progress till resolutions.
- Liaise with Learning Designers from CTE and analyze information rapidly to successfully diagnose more complex technical queries and offer appropriate solutions or escalate to the platform providers as needed.
- Provide advice to academic and support staff to support the effective use of the platform and other appropriate technologies (such as live class software) within the student learning and teaching experience.
- Perform integration with SMU IT resources in the areas of single sign-on, enrolment data import, grades processing and submission, etc.
- Work closely with other IITS teams in delivering support beyond the area of the blended platform, for instance with the Help Centre in user device issue resolution, Infrastructure team for network and Enterprise Information Systems for integration and data with SMU’s Student Information System.
- Provide user training and support, for instance guiding faculty and administrative staff on the Blended Platform usage and settings and updating user support materials using appropriate formats, for a variety of audiences to include all levels of staff and students.
- Coordinate support and contingency services (including backing-up course material) with systems, programmes and other departments.
- Conduct security analysis to identify gaps and undertake remedial measures.
- For continuous improvement to develop and implement new/improved support processes, working practices, disaster recovery procedures, backup and restore mechanisms, service level targets, periodic audit and security checks and design improvement steps.
- Degree in Information Technology/Instruction Design/Education Technology/Business/Communications and Technology.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience (especially in Solution Implementation, Content Management Systems and Client facing training etc) will be strongly preferred.
- Given the pioneering nature of SMU’s EdTech initiatives, an entrepreneurial mindset with a can-do attitude will be key.
- Experience with Web Page Administration, Content Management Systems to set up websites and application will be very useful.
- Experience in writing user manuals, doing user training and supporting end user issues on a regular basis will be needed.
- A proactive attitude with a good mix of technical, educational and communication skills to play a crucial role in supporting the EdTech initiatives and blended learning platform.
- Diligent and meticulous combined with an attitude to overcoming challenges as we roll out the blended courses is needed.
- Experience in user experience design in blended, online and mobile learning will be advantageous.
- Tech savviness with a mind to catch concepts, adapt to new technologies quickly and see how different system processes work together will be needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (knowledge of scripting in excel would be a distinct advantage).
- A dynamic team player and a proactive problem solver with good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and prior experience working across time zones will be an advantage.
- Able to plan, multitask, prioritize, coordinate and work closely with multiple internal / external stakeholders.
- Measure usage and effectiveness of solutions.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated educational requirements and/or work experience may be considered. If successful in their job application, they will be offered a job title and salary package commensurate with their educational qualifications and work experience
Singapore Management University