IS Analyst / Senior IS Analyst (3-year), IITS
- This position is for Office of Integrated Information Technology Services (IITS).
- Design, develop, manage and maintain student information systems comprising both cloud and on- premise solutions.
- Contribute to the entire lifecycle of development projects from preparation and evaluation of tender / RFQ, analysis and translation of business requirements to system design, agile and secure development, QC and implementation of systems, to delivery of project / system documentation.
- Manage outsourced vendors, including vendor staff management.
- Enhance systems and provide end-user support, including prepare and conduct unit, integration and user acceptance test.
- Form good user relations by cultivating trust and building good rapport with users.
- Conduct post implementation reviews to gather users' feedback and plan for enhancements.
- Recommend and implement best practices for system design, agile and secure development, including development standards and operations.
- Monitor, experiment and advocate the use of new technologies / releases / patches to continuously improve work processes and services.
- Ensure high quality of deliverables, and perform peer review of team members' deliverables.
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science or IT.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.x / 8.x, PeopleTools 5x/ 8.4x, PeopleCode, BI (XML) Publisher, SQR and Application Engine, coupled with good experience in working closely with users to understand and solve their challenges.
- Development experience in low-code development platforms (e.g. OutSystems, Microsoft Power Automate), SAP, Digital Process and / or Robotic Process Automation will be an added advantage.
- Prior IT experience in institutions of higher learning (in particular student administration) and SaaS application delivery (administering the setup and configuration) will be useful.
- Good knowledge of software development life cycles and structured project development methodology.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, conflict management, negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proactive self-starter who is result-driven and a team player.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University