Investment Strategist, Equity
Maybank | Date Posted: 9-Nov-2018
Manager, Senior Manager
Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Focus on Equity Investments, formule Investment Philosophy and Strategy and actively be involved in idea generation.
- Disseminate strategies and market views to RMs through daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly presentations, publications and meetings.
- Prepare marketing information for investment ideas, product and strategies for internal and external uses.
- Provide timely market information and updates to the front line.
- Support and handle related queries from RMs/ ICs in a timely and diligent manner.
- Contribute to the set up and maintenance of the Equity core list
- Responsible for the risk-rating process and ratings of all equities.
- Liaise and partner with the other Advisory team members for alignment of the Advisory proposition.
- Establish strong partnership with the front line, support proposals and marketing efforts.
- Establish strong partnership with the other investment teams within Private Wealth.
- Promote teamwork and establish effective work habits, process discipline, ethical standards amongst team mates and colleagues.
- Support ongoing education for Equity related topics.
- Maintain a strong compliance culture, ensuring optimal compliance and risk management in adherence with all relevant local laws, regulatory requirements, in-house directives and procedures as well as adequate knowledge in order to apply them effectively and ensure fair treatment of all clients, while at the same time, adhering to the mission and core values of the Bank across his/her activities with a high degree of professional competency and awareness.
- Basic/ Masters Degree in Finance, Business or Accountancy
- Possess / Pass the requisite licenses as stipulated by the regulators
- Minimum working experience of 7 years in the financial industry with a minimum of 5 years of experience in investment strategist role
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and team work
- High interpersonal skills
- Keen sense of team work and collaboration
- Organisational awareness and understanding
- High level of analytical and conceptual thinking