Intranet Administrator, Office of Integrated Information Technology Services
- This position is for Office of Integrated Information Technology Services (IITS).
- Set-up, install, configure, and maintain SharePoint services on servers, including the web front end, indexing, Office Web Apps and some aspects of maintaining database servers.
- Administration and maintenance of all SharePoint environments (Dev, Staging, Production, DR) hosted on premises as well as on Office 365/Microsoft Azure.
- Develop, configure, implement and maintain applications and sites within the SharePoint environment to support user and business requirements
- Support users of the Microsoft 365 software suite, including SharePoint, SharePoint Online and the Power Platform directly or with assistance from the respective product support teams and supporting vendors
- Create and administer sites and site collections and assist users in site development.
- Create, plan and execute end-user training sessions for staff.
- Assist in other technical areas outside of but related to Microsoft 365.
- Recommend and document best practices for software configuration, site permission policy, and site template management.
- Establish and help maintain end user access policy and permissions.
- Implement and maintain search services, including defining search scopes.
- Design, develop and implement applications using the Microsoft Power Platform to support the organisation’s business process management initiatives.
- Monitor and maintain operational performance of supported systems and roll out regular security/system patches to maintain the security and integrity of the systems.
- Diploma / Bachelor of Science; Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience with the installation, administration, configuration of SharePoint (2013/2016) environments hosted on premises, Office 365 as well as on Microsoft Azure.
- Strong technical skills and development experience with:
- Microsoft Power Platform
- SQL Server 2008/2012 and database management activities relevant to SharePoint/.NET
- Developed and deployed web parts/features/custom solutions for SharePoint on-premises and SharePoint /Online, including using the SP object model, SharePoint Designer, Visual Studio and Workflows.
- Able to provide guidance to team on recommending the approach, design, and hands-on development of SharePoint web parts, forms, workflows, custom solutions.
- Hands-on development experience with Microsoft Forms and the Power Platform will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of security best practises & governance for SharePoint, .NET and Microsoft 365 environments.
- Able to assess and promote effective use of appropriate tools/solutions for specific user requests.
- Able to work independently as well as in a multi-disciplinary team environment and directly with business lines outside of IT.
- Strong written and communication skills, including the ability to convey complex technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Provide user training and develop user guides and technical documentation for supported systems, for all phases of systems / projects within area of responsibility.
- Adopt an agile approach to operational and project tasks.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University