Intermediate Big Data Developer
- Excellent opportunity to join a Consulting firm catering to Banking clients
- Ample scope for learning and building a solid profile
- Competitive compensation
Our client is a consulting company that provides Business Management & Information Systems services to clients in the Financial Services industry. With a talented team armed with in-depth knowledge, the company is confident in tackling any challenges that a volatile and competitive market brings. The company also prides itself in building loyalty and trust with its consultants and partners.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to IT projects in the banking industry for our clients
- Participating in technical studies to answer business analysts' requirements
- Documenting proposed design and developing the solution
- Ensuring all CI-CD artefacts are part of the solution
- Performing code review while following industry best practices, and also promoting the culture with team members.
- Providing accurate & timely reporting to managers
- You have at least 5 years experience in Software development with a minimum of 3 years in Java/J2EE development.
- You have hands-on experience working on data ingest and data processing technologies like Spark streaming and Spark.
- You have also worked with Messaging systems like Kafka, Flume or ActiveMQ, MQSeries or RabitMQ and have solid knowledge of Hadoop (preferably Hortonworks distribution) - HDFS, HBase, Hive, ORC/Parquet
- Experience with build tool like - Maven/sbt/ant, UML, Restful web services, Jenkins/Team City and Source management – SVN/GIT, TDD using Junit, Jira/QC is required
- You have an understanding of solution design using proven patterns, awareness of anti-patterns, performance tuning, especially in streaming.
- Good knowledge of tools like Phoenix, ElasticSearch, Sqoop, StreamSets are good to have along with a basic understanding of finance and investment banking.
- A solid understanding of software development life cycle is a must.
- You have an appetite to follow technology trends, contribute to communities and actively participate in knowledge sharing sessions within team for collective skill development.
- You can guide and mentor junior team members to deliver high-quality results.
- You are a driven individual, a problem-solver and a professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- English proficiency is required to communicate with internal teams, stakeholders and clients when required.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd