Integration Scientist 1
As an Integration Scientist at Illumina you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and help create genomic analysis tools used in cutting edge research and clinical applications. You will participate in the development of high quality, robust products through the integration of hardware, software, and chemistry components. You will also design and execute test plans and optimize system performance. A major part of the role will be to work with manufacturing to ensure that our products are fully tested and diagnose any issues through troubleshooting experiments and root cause analysis.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Hands-on testing and integration of array systems and products – including hardware, software, reagents, consumables and application components
- Develop and prepare the appropriate hardware or software configurations for system to be used in V&V studies. Track and log of issues encountered during development. May author V&V protocols and drafts reports with guidance.
- Optimize workflows for improved user experience. Coordinate support for the development of instructions for use. Provide support for pre- and post-launch activities including the basic design of testing and analysis of data.
- Participate in the investigation of complex technical problems. Regularly communicate experimental results & observations in group settings. May lead team meetings.
- Management of large data sets for programs. Use advanced analytical techniques to interpret complex data.
- Draft new procedures for instrument testing and quality control to assist smooth product transfer to manufacturing. Support manufacturing through troubleshooting
- May function as a key technical representative on technical teams. Work effectively across disciplines and with internal customers. Establish cross-functional relationships within project team.
Education and Experience:
- PhD in relevant field (Bioengineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Physics etc) with 0-2 years’ experience. BSc/BEng or MSc/MEng with good track record (> 8years’ industrial experience) may apply.
- Demonstrate understanding of array systems and techniques. Previous experience working with high throughput screening technology has clear advantage.
- Competent IT knowledge and computer skills.
- Expert user of analysis tools and statistic software
- Solid communication and writing skills
- A desire to be a part of a fast paced, multidisciplinary and dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented and highly motivated.
- Work effectively with cross-functional project team
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven en