Instrument & Process Snr/ Engineer
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Review tender document, provide technical support during project tendering stage while ensuring the specification or scope offered to the customer are within the capability, competence and capacity of the company
• Carry out order review. Be fully aware of contract scope and requirements, in so far they affect process or other technical issues
• Provide technical support during both tendering and post-order stages, and provide vendor bidding technical review;
• Prepare technical calculations and documents; including (but not limited to) general instrumentation specification, instrument type selection, datasheet development, instrument list, I/O list, plant control philosophy, functional design specification, cable schedule, and others as may be required for Basic Engineering, Detailed Engineering or a complete skid plant
• Acquire knowledge & experience in process design and prepare process technical documents including process simulation; PFD and mass balance; PID; selection, sizing and design of equipment, plant operation instruction and other associated documentation
• Maintain and document design basis, design changes; signed design, check and review documents. Attend to customer’s query including attending design review meeting, and participation in HAZOP meeting when required.
• Prepare/maintain project engineering document list, if needed
• Ensure project requirements (and its changes) are adequately conveyed to customer / other external party, and internally with project team, and reflected in engineering design and plant installation
• Review vendor/supplier documents for suitability and compliance to process requirements; make clarifications with vendors/suppliers if needed
• Prepare process guarantees documents, perform technical risk analysis and propose possible mitigation of such risks
• Carry out plant start-up, commissioning, and plant trouble-shooting; including data collection, analysis and reporting, fulfilling guarantee test-runs and obtaining plant acceptance from customer.
• Establish technical competence and expertise in certain applications or technologies; propose/plan own training where necessary, including non-technical fields
• Ensure environmentally friendly process design
• Reporting to superior, or project manager, on workload, man-hour usage, project status.
• Ability to interpret customer requirements and to design separations equipment and processes.
• Strong understanding in work scope of plant design during various engineering stage such as FEED, BE, DE, etc
• Good understanding in project planning, monitoring and controlling, particularly in the area of scoping, scheduling, and costing.
• Possess strong fundamental understanding in process instrumentation, electrical and plant control system such as PLC, DCS
• Good foundation in process engineering as well as chemical separation.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, for developing and implementing solutions to problems with assigned projects.
• A very strong customer service attitude and good negotiation skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong interest in Separation Technology
• Can work well in a team environment
• Degree in Chemical Engineering
• Instrument & Process Engineer
• Senior Instrument & Process Engineer 5-10 years
• relevant design and commissioning experience in process instrumentation & control system
• Relevant plant design or operation experiences in Petrochemical and Chemical Field preferred.
Knowledge requirements (professional, technical, language):
• Instrument type selection, installation, commissioning and trouble-shooting
• Plant control philosophy / process control system
• ProII / Aspen Simulation Program (Plus)
• Distillation theory
• Microsoft Skills
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Please email your resume in a detailed MS Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] stating
Reason to Leave each job:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Joyce Koh Ai Leng
People Profilers Pte Ltd,
10 Anson Road #09-01/02 International Plaza
Tel: 6805 0868
EA License Number: 02C4944
EA Personnel Reg nos R1110618
Job Id: 46899V
People Profilers Pte Ltd