Instructional Coach (Digital Literacy)
All applications must be submitted through our portal to be considered for the role.
Please visit https://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/uwcsea-careers/teaching-roles/posts-leadership-role-default-page-clone/~board/teaching-roles/post/instructional-coach-digital-literacy on our portal for the full job details.
UWCSEA East has a vacancy for the 2021/2022 school year for an Instructional Coach (Digital Literacy). The Instructional Coach for Digital Literacy supports student learning by assisting teachers and leaders to develop and extend our teaching practice. Our pedagogical practices are founded on UWCSEA Learning Principles and the UWCSEA Profile and the conceptual and inquiry-based approaches implicit in our school curriculum. The coach will be expected to have a teaching load within the Middle School.
- Support teachers in their use of technology in all curricular areas in ways that reflect the UWCSEA Learning Principles and UWCSEA Profile, and work collaboratively with them to meet their professional learning goals.
- Model strategies with students, providing leadership, training and professional development to teachers that is aligned with the Middle School strategic aims.
- Work collaboratively with teachers and leaders, assisting them to conceptualise and realise their professional learning goals through structures such as coaching cycles and action research groups and support them in their use of technology to enhance learning in all curricular areas.
- Close partnership and collaboration with the Middle School instructional coach and collaboratively supporting the K12 Digital Literacy Team.
- Support teams with implementation of our Digital and Information Literacy curriculum, including assisting with unit design, curriculum mapping and assessment of intended learning.
- Lead and/or attend regular meetings with teams to share research and developments, identify instructional objectives, and plan for technology integration opportunities.
- Supporting parents as needed around digital literacy and young adolescent learners. Developing and leading parent workshops and other parent learning opportunities as needed.
- In partnership with the Middle School Leadership Team, the scope of the role may also extend to support other innovations that support student learning.
- Provide leadership and guidance in Digital Citizenship and aspects of the Personal and Social Education curriculum,
- Provide support for and assist in coordinating the use of online platforms used to support teaching and learning (eg. Google Apps, Online Learning Platform, WordPress, ManageBac).
- Like most learning leadership roles at UWCSEA, this position includes a teaching load.
- A good degree and a recognized teaching qualification or certification are expected.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience and pedagogical knowledge in areas outlined by the UWCSEA Learning Principles and the UWCSEA Profile.
- Experience of developing concept-based teaching approaches, contemporary assessment practices and the application of technology to enhance learning across all five elements of our learning programme.
- Ability to inspire, lead and model pedagogical practices and the use of technology for improved student learning.
- Ability to collaborate effectively, communicate clearly, self-manage and to think and act in critical, creative and innovative ways to support teaching and learning across the Middle School.
- Teachers should be willing and eager to participate in the five key elements of a UWCSEA education: Academics; Activities; Outdoor Education; Personal and Social Education and Service.
- Academic expectations include enthusiastic participation in Professional Learning.
- On average the College expects a yearly contribution of two sessions per week in each season to Activities and/or Service.
- The College expects that teachers will participate enthusiastically in the curricular Outdoor Education experiences which are relevant to their students and will also occasionally volunteer for holiday Outdoor Education trips.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is essential alongside a willingness to adapt and develop pedagogy to meet the needs of our diverse learners.
- Maintaining a healthy network within education, instructional coaching, digital learning and actively staying relevant within innovative and future thinking practices.
Interest applicants, please submit an application via our portal by Sunday, 8 November 2020.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia