PEC Ltd| Date Posted: 21-Aug-2019
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out material receiving inspection.
- Select and mark weld joints for MT/ PT/ RT examinations.
- Carry out Ferrite No., Hardness, MT/ PT test on weld joints.
- Blow clean pipe internal inspection.
- Prepare inspection reports.
- Carry out line checking and punch-listing on lines prior to hydrotesting.
- Liaise with client inspector on inspection point(s).
- Witness hydrostatic tests.
- Monitor consumables (fillers & electrodes) control & welders daily work schedule.
- To ensure materials used are within the specifications of client.
- To enforce welding standard and ensure weldment meets design requirements.
- To select test samples.
- To conduct visual inspection of weldment.
- To review fabrication spool drawing.
- To coordinate and arrange for NDE, when required
- Radiographic Test
- PAMI Test
- Dye Penetrant Test
- PWHT/Hardness Test
- Magnetic test
- Leak Test
- Air Test
- Service Test
- To inspect pre-weld condition include base metal weld & preparation, edge preparation and fit up and back purge and preheat.
- To monitor & sort radiographic films.
- To update and review Isometric drawings.
- To apply for welders’ qualification tests.
- To monitor and update welders’ records which may include the qualifications held and their performance records.
- To prepare test package documentation for submission to clients.
- To keep and update all the Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) and Procedure Qualification Records (PQR) used in relation to a project.
- To keep and update all welding joint records, inspection records, non-destructive testing records.
- To keep and update all non-conformance reports (NCR), follow-up sheet, calibration status report of measuring and test equipment.
- Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by the immediate supervisor or higher management.
Qualification & Experience Generally Required
- Diploma holder in any engineering discipline or equivalent
- 2 years relevant working experience in related industries
- Familiar with and understand fundamentals of the following processes: SMAW, GTAW, SAW, FCAW, Bracing, Thermal Cutting, Soldering, Mechanical Cutting, Arc Air Gouging and Gas Cutting
- Familiar with and understand the following examination methods: VT, UT, RT, MT, PT, Ferrite No. & Hardness Testing
- Certified as an:
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) or;
- CSWIP Certified Welding Inspector (3.1)