Infrastructure IT Engineer
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)| Date Posted: 2-Oct-2020
EA Licence No: 06C5060|EA Personal Registration No: 200818951C
Entry Level, Experienced
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Permanent Role
- Working location: Nearby to City Hall area
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 830am to 6pm
- Operate, manage, and maintain VMWare ESX and HCI technologies
- Plan, coordinate, and execute product installations, product upgrades, patch installations and hot fix installations
- Create, manage, and maintain documentation related to the managed systems and operation
- Preferably possess certifications such as Microsoft MCITP, VMWare certified professional or equivalent
- Housekeeping of servers, user account management and ensuring the systems are kept virus-free.
- Support all installation activities with complete documentation
- Perform hardening benchmarks adhering to defined procedure and checklist. Maintain the infrastructure in such a way that it is secure against unauthorised access.
- Deploy and deliver the project deliverables as stated in the project scopes extracted from the proposal/contract.
- Update the Infrastructure team lead on the project progress and status.
- Implement changes through Change Management Process on system components. Ensure change impact is evaluated, contingency plan and test plans are created to support the change request.
- Build, configure, and rollout new releases through Release Management Process on system components that affect operations. Organize training for new releases where necessary.
- Identify, isolate, resolve, escalate and close incident/problem ticket according to ITSM Incident/Problem Management Process.
- Ensure backup and recovery of system components is carried out, so that critical services can continue in the event of a disaster.
- Work with principal hardware or software vendors to resolve problems and implement new technologies.
- Perform daily system health check
- At least a Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or equivalent.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position would be advantageous.
- Preferably Junior Executives specializing in IT/Computer - Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent.
- Knowledge of administering Windows Server 2016, SQL 2016 and Windows Clustering technology
- Red Hat administration
- AVAMAR Backup experience is an added advantage
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)