IBM iSeries - AS/400 Systems Engineers / Administrators
Are you the right person we are looking for as our team player to support our business growth? As part of our Next-Generation ICT Engagement and Consultancy (Thatz 2.0) growth roadmap, we are seeking keen candidates to join us on our journey as we scale towards greater heights.
Founded since 1998, Thatz International has now evolved into the Next-Generation ICT Engagement and Consultancy establishment.
Thatz 2.0 offers leading edge ICT & Digital Solutions, as well as, world class Services to organizations, companies or institutions seeking to further their operations or businesses excellence.
A BizSafe3 and TAFEP pledge company, Thatz International has been recognized through various achievements such as Singapore SME1000 since Year 2013 and Total Defense Award since Year 2012. The Founder has also been recognized with the inaugural Teochew Entrepreneur Award 2016.
Join Thatz now to maximize your true potential to the fullest by excelling in your CAREER!
ARE YOU THATZ ONE?
IBM iSeries – AS/400 Systems Engineers / Administrators
- Troubleshoot, monitor and administer all ICT iSeries hardware, software and Operating Systems
- Monitor performance of the iSeries Systems and perform troubleshooting to resolve issue, faults and/or and outages arising in the iSeries System
- Perform Firmware and OS upgrades, Performance Tuning, Capacity Planning, PTF installation
- Provide high availability admin and problem management in the iSeries environment
- Perform Annual DRP / iSeries Role Swap / P8 Migration
- Work with multiple vendors to assist with implementation of projects
- Update and adhere to all internal Standard Operational Procedures
- Exposure to ILE RPG/400, ILE COBOL, ILE C++, XML Toolkit
- Familiar with IBM VIOS, SAN storage, SKLM and Spectrum Control
- Responsible for scheduling and monitoring all Backup and Recovery activities using BRMS
- Basic performance monitoring
- TCP/IP and communication protocols
- PTF / CUM Package ordering/installation
- Running Query/400 –SQL/400 queries
- University education in ICT or equivalent experience
- Formal IBM training & Certification in iSeries
- ITIL trained or certified
- Minimum 7+ year hands-on experience in an iSeries Administration role
- Experience with iSeries and exposure to a Windows environments
- Experience in Project Management processes
- Experience in Problem Management processes
- Familiar with Change Management processes
- Backup and Recovery concepts, preferably using BRMS
- Query/400 – SQL – CL / RPG Programming
- Familiar with Remote Journaling / High Availability concepts, preferably iTera HA data replication
- Familiar with performance monitoring tools (QMM/QSM/QRC)
- Familiar with Powerlock & Skyview tools
- Strong knowledge of iSeries Security concepts, user profiles, object authorities, system values etc
Key objective of this role:
To deliver awesome user experience through result oriented yet friendly service disposition ...we call it Thatz Way!
- Basic Salary
- H&S Insurance Coverage
- Annual Leave and Medical Benefits
- Other Benefits
As a people developer, we embrace Thatz Delight for:
- Annual Increment based on your job performance
- Company events and annual awards
- Community and sustainability support
As an advocate for fair employment, we strive to do our best to render objective and merit based considerations for all applications, and we shall communicate with you personally when short-listed. For those who are not short-listed, your profile will be kept for other opportunities where suitable.
Best wishes to your job search!
Feel free to recommend this position to your friend(s) or relative(s) who may meet our needs and be rewarded.
For more information about THATZ and other job listings, please visit: www.thatz.com
Please like our Facebook: www.facebook.com/thatz.international
THATZ International Pte Ltd