Human Resources Operations Lead
- Manage and oversee HR Shared Services team to ensure smooth operations relating to employees’ life cycle, from on-boarding to off-boarding processes, employee benefits, payroll administration, and office administration etc.
- Ensure compliance to Employment Act legislation changes and update policies, and manpower reporting requirements by government.
- Assess and review current processes to seek continuous improvement.
- Motivate HR team to think of innovative ways to run HR programmes.
*Due the current Covid 19 situation, this role will be required to manage and lead the operational issues concerning to Migrant Workers of the company
HR Costing and Manpower Reports
- Prepare reports on welfare costs, levy savings, Core Trade statistics, headcount and manpower costs requested by Division Heads and/or NatSteel Leadership Team.
- Run simulations for review of HR policies and practices (e.g. company bus review)
Compensation & Benefits
- Prepare Year End remuneration Review for NatSteel group of companies
- Responsible for the annual manpower planning and budgeting process for Singapore office.
- Review staff benefits and propose recommendations.
- Participate in salary surveys and do market benchmarking.
- Conduct Job Description & Job Evaluation exercise, and work with Mercer.
- Track and initiate contracts renewal for Employee Group Insurance scheme and Payroll vendor.
HR System & Analytics
- Work closely with HR IT partner as the project manager to drive improvements to have an effective and efficient HR system.
- Leverage on system and technology to deliver consistent, timely and reliable reports to support business units.
- Troubleshoot problems on time and attendance module in eMPower and liaise with HOD.
- Audit on HR data and system, and ensure data integrity is maintained.
- Attend to internal and external audit requests
- Degree in Human Resource Management or any other relevant discipline
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in HR, with 2 to 3 years’ experience leading a team.
- Preferably with experience in manufacturing / marine / oil & gas / engineering industries, and in a matrix organisation.
- Good analytical skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Able to provide guidance while still being hands-on when necessary.
- Customer-oriented mindset.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to manage various stakeholders from c-suite to workers’ level.
- Good planning and execution skills.
- Strong knowledge in local labour laws and regulations (e.g. Employment Act, Retirement & Re-employment Act etc).
Personal Characteristics & Behaviours:
- Detailed, with sound analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates strong logical thinking capabilities
- Resourceful and innovative
- Patient and able to work under pressure
NatSteel Holdings Pte Ltd