Human Resources (Executive, Compensation & Benefits)
Summarize on why the job exists and how it contributes to the overall objectives of the organization.
As a human resource specialist, the HR Compensation & Benefits (HRCB) aligns business objectives with employees and management in the business unit. The HRCB takes charge in designing, developing, implementing and managing salary, bonus and benefits packages for the employees in which the organization operates on in the industry.
The HRCB is responsible for market data collection on the gross and net remuneration packages to ensure organization’s remuneration packages are competitive and making recommendations to management based on the data collected. The HRCB needs to ensure the remuneration packages with the same level of experience and responsibilities are on par while complying with statutory and regulatory requirements.
The HRCB maintains and upkeep an attractive remuneration package that helps to attract and retain workers to improve performance, engagement and satisfaction of organization’s employees.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
List the responsibilities (Key Result Areas and the major activities)
- Develop, design, and implement a competitive compensation program and administrative procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- Design, review and improve a fair compensation package based on organization’s goals and strategy
- Monitor and conduct salary and labour market research to define benchmarks and market positioning
- Monitor the industry and external market and provide analysis on the impact of relevant developments in the compensation and benefits arena, including trends in cash compensation.
- Advise management on compensation actions for employees and recruitment for new hires/internal employee changes.
- Conduct internal analysis to determine consistent and appropriate pay level according to compensation guidelines and addresses equity issues to matches work and organizational culture.
- Write job descriptions and/or gives direction to the development of job descriptions. Reviews job descriptions, benchmarking, position grading and development of salary structures.
- Maintain current knowledge of and interpretation of related laws and in particular, Local Employment Acts and Tripartite Guidelines
- Ensure compliance with Local Employment Laws, Tripartite Standards, Statutory and regulatory rulings.
- Develops and manage the administration of human resource policies, procedures and programs.
- Provide monthly payroll support including checking of overtime, staff attendance and monthly allowances
- Process and ensure accuracy for commission, incentive and medical reimbursement
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy submission of Work Injury Compensation and Group Hospitalisation & Surgical
- Participates and assists with HR related projects
Summarize any numeric facts and figures that are relevant to the scale and degree of activities of the job – such as financial data (e.g. revenue targets), people data (e.g. direct reports) or other relevant statistics (e.g. value of contracts managed)
- Work with both internal personnel and external agencies
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
State the minimum required proficiency for this job
- Diploma in Human Resource Management or Business Administration
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in HR Compensation & Benefits
- Knowledge in Prosoft System and Flick software will be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge of local employment regulations and HR trends
- Able to proficiently use Mircosoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Good command of English
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Result-oriented, organised, meticulous with problem solving skills
- High initiative, independent and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Team player; ability to work well with employees at all levels.
- A hands-on person that is proactive, driven and resourceful
Pet Lovers Centre