HR Business Partner (Consumer Banking Group), Group Human Resources
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Human Resources function balances organisational aspirations and employee needs, as we accelerate and strengthen people capabilities to enable sustainable business growth at UOB. Our team of Human Resources specialists are guided by four employee commitments: do what is right, build meaningful careers, make a real difference and lead by positive example.
- You will be a HR business partner to the Consumer Banking business and you will partner some functions within the business in driving and executing the people agenda through appropriate advice and delivery of best-practice service to internal clients.
- Your key responsibilities will include proactive relationship management and providing HR advisory and support in all aspects of the Consumer Banking business, including partnering Talent Acquisition for recruitment, performance management, talent management, compensation, training, organisational development and manpower planning.
- You are also responsible for management of employee relations issues (either directly or in conjunction with the employee relations team) such as disciplinary, grievances, employee litigation, redundancy and terminations. In addition to implementing people management strategies you are also responsible for ensuring that firm policies and procedures are implemented across the business area including the annual promotion, performance review, and compensation processes.
- You will partner with group and country HR teams as well as other HR specialist teams on providing comprehensive and cohesive HR services to help the business meet its goals.
- The ideal candidate is degree-qualified and possesses 8 to 12 years HR experience in large companies or in the banking industry, with experience in a Consumer Banking environment a definite advantage.
- A hands-on team leader who works well independently and as a team, you are able to articulate to all business levels and build strong rapport with internal clients.
- Strong analytical abilities and excellent stakeholder management skills, coupled with a good knowledge of the local labour law and HR practices and procedures is essential.
- It is critical that you are an effective communicator, with a drive for excellence and a principled and energetic approach to partnering the business in HR related matters.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)