To ensure specific rooms are ready and inspected for on day’s VIP and groups’ arrival by stipulated time and investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and taking corrective action for service recovery.
- Assign Team Members with duties and inspect work for conformance to prescribe standards of cleanliness.
- Supervise, train, support and monitor Team Members.
- Conduct on the job and in-service trainings and explain policies, work procedures and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Evaluate records to forecast department’s manpower requirements.
- Advise manager and front office Team Members on rooms’ status.
- Screen job applicants, hire new employees and recommend promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
- Coach and counsel Team Members on work performance.
- Ensure clear and effective communication between housekeeping and other departments.
- Report all work orders to facilities for rectifications.
- Approach all encounters with guests and Team Members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Comply at all times with the hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Minimum Diploma in education.
- Minimum 1 year experience in housekeeping.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written effectively; Convey information to team members and liaise with stakeholders on their needs and requirements.
- Strong leadership skills to teach and manage Team Members.
- Ability to work both independently and in a Team.
- Ability to obtain and supervise the use of equipment and materials needed.