Home Care Assistant
You will report to the Staff Nurse/Enrolled Nurse and supports the frail and home-bound PNC (Person Needing Care) with home personal care services.
- Assist beneficiaries in activities of daily living, including but not limited to the following:
- Light housekeeping, companionship, grocery shopping, meals preparation, medical escort, personal hygiene (showering / bed bath), physical maintenance exercises, elder-sitting, oral feeding, toileting and elimination needs.
- Personal hygiene (including assisted bath/bed bath, grooming, etc.)
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) and instrumental activities of daily living (iADLs) (including housekeeping, bed making, light cooking/warming food, feeding, toileting, changing of diapers, etc.)
- Mind stimulating activities (including play card games, puzzles, storytelling, etc.)
- Elder-sitting and respite (including medical escorts to polyclinic appointments, accompaniment to the elderly to nearby vicinity for his/her usual park walk/groceries purchase, etc.)
- Assistance with medication (including medication reminders)
- Performing simple maintenance exercises as prescribed by a registered physio-, occupational or speech therapist registered under the Allied Health Professions Act.
- Other home care duties as and when required
- Provide basic nursing and health services, including but not limited to the following:
- Monitoring of vital signs and medication reminder service.
- Render assistance where required and within their job scope such as providing emotional support.
- Report and provide feedback to Enrolled Nurse and/or Registered Nurse on clients’ progress including Incident Report.
- Assess clients’ immediate need(s) and escalate to supervisor of such needs as and when required
- Ensure 90% clients’ satisfaction and/or caregivers’ surveys are met.
Certificate in Eldercare or related / equivalent
2 year(s) of working experience in the Social Service / Healthcare sector preferred
- Passionate in working with elderly, willingness to learn
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to speak at least one Chinese dialect (to liaise with Chinese dialect speaking customers)
- Good understanding of working with older persons
- Able to work on weekends, public holidays and staggered hours
Interested applicants are invited to apply.Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.